DJI Phantom 3 - Part 127 Battery Heater
The Phantom 3 Intelligent Battery Heater is used to preheat the aircraft battery in air temperatures between -4℉ and 41℉ (-20℃ and 5℃). It uses the battery's power to raise the battery temperature to the optimal operating range: 41℉ to 95℉ (5℃ to 35℃). Using the battery heater ensures the safety and performance for your aircraft.
- Place a fully charged, powered off battery into the battery heater.
- Power on the battery and allow it to warm for 5-10 minutes (time will vary depending on the temperature). Be sure to monitor the battery at all times.
- Power off the battery while it is still in the battery heater and leave an additional 3 minutes to ensure even heating.
- Around 3% to 7% of battery power will be used for heating.
- A 3-stage overheat protection mechanism prevents the battery from overheating. The battery heater will automatically deactivate at temperatures exceeding 95℉ (35℃), with additional failsafe barriers at 122℉ and 208℉ (50℃ and 98℃).
- Once the desired temperature is reached, power off the battery to avoid draining it. Use immediately after removing it from the battery heater.