The DJI Agras MG-1 is an octocopter designed for precision variable rate application of liquid pesticides, fertilizers and herbicides, bringing new levels of efficiency and manageability to the agricultural sector.
- Maximum Efficiency - The powerful propulsion system enables the MG-1 to carry up to 10kg of liquid payloads, including pesticide and fertilizer. The combination of speed and power means that an area of 4,000-6,000 m² can be covered in just 10 minutes, or 40 to 60 times faster than manual spraying operations. The intelligent spraying system automatically adjusts its spray according to the flying speed so that an even spray is always applied. This way, the amount of pesticide or fertilizer is precisely regulated to avoid pollution and economize operations.
- Reliability and Longevity - Equipment used in plant protection operations is susceptible to dust and corrosion, leading to high cost of maintenance and shortened lifespans. To counteract degradation, the MG-1 is designed with a sealed body and an efficient, integrated centrifugal cooling system. As it flies, the surrounding air enters the aircraft body via the front inlet, equipped with a triple filter system that keeps dust and particulate matter from entering. The air then passes through each of the aircraft’s arms to the motors, capturing heat from all components and the entire structure before exiting and dissipating the heat to the surrounding air. The combination of cooling and filtering increases the expected lifespan of each motor by up to three times.
- Accurate Spraying - Spray nozzles can be chosen according to the properties of each liquid to optimize atomization, energy efficiency and the amount of liquid sprayed. The included nozzle is resistant to wear and can be used for thousands of hours of effective spraying without degradation. In total, the MG-1 has four nozzles, each placed directly below a motor. The downward airflow generated by the propellers accelerates the spray, increasing its reach.
- Ease of Use - The advanced flight controller integrated with the aircraft instantly and precisely responds to the pilot’s input. Choose between three flight modes: Smart mode, Manual Plus Mode and Manual mode, according to terrain and the specific needs of each mission. Under Smart mode, the flight can be easily planned with the press of a few buttons, without the need for mapping knowledge or other software, making the MG-1 not only the most efficient but also the most easy to use spraying solution. In Manual Plus Mode, the aircraft performs the same turns at the press of a button as it does automatically under the Smart mode, allowing for planning to be done on the fly for fields of irregular shape. Under Manual mode, the pilot freely navigates the aircraft.
- Intelligent Memory - The MG-1 automatically records its current and remembers its past coordinates as it makes its way across the field. In case the operation is interrupted, for example due to depleted battery or spraying liquid, flight easily be resumed from the last point in its memory after changing the battery or refilling its tank.
- Foldable Design - The MG-1 design is based on a Y-type folding structure that can be installed without the use of any additional tools. Motor arms fold inwards making the aircraft compact and easy to transport, for example in the trunk of a car. Made from high-strength carbon fiber materials, the body frame is light yet durable and able to withstand the harshest conditions.
- Terrain Follow - By integrating a microwave radar together with the MG-1's intelligent flight control system, the aircraft is able to scan the below terrain in real-time, and adjust to keep a constant, centimeter accurate, height above crops. Spray density is maintained even as the terrain rises and drops, so that the optimal amount of liquid is applied at all times.
- Dedicated Remote Controller - The dedicated remote controller is equipped with the latest Lightbridge 2 transmission system which enables ultra low-latency controls. Like the aircraft body, the remote is designed with water and dust protection. A special low-energy display panel gives real-time flight information and is able to last over extended periods of time on a single charge. Together with the highly responsive joysticks and convenient function keys, mastering the art of agricultural spraying is made easier than ever before.
Diagonal Wheelbase 1520 mm
Frame Arm Length 625 mm
• 1471mm x 1471mm x 482mm (arm unfolded, without propellers)
• 780mm x 780mm x 482mm (arm folded)
Stator Size 60mm x 10 mm
KV 130 rpm/V
Max Thrust 5.1 kg/rotor
Max Power 770 W
Weight (with cooling fan) 280 g
Material High-performance engineered plastics
Diameter / Pitch 21x7.0 inch (533x178 mm)
Weight 58 g
Max Allowable Current (Continuous) 25 A
Operating Voltage 12S LiPo
Signal Frequency 30 to 450 Hz
Drive PWM Frequency 12 kHz
Volume 10 L
Standard Operating Payload 10 kg
Max Battery Size 151mm x 195mm x 70mm
Max Spray Speed 0.43 L/min (per nozzle, for water)
Spray Width 4 - 6 m (4 nozzles, 1.5 – 3 m above the crops)
Droplet Size* XR11001: 130~250 μm *Droplet size may vary according to operation environment and spraying speed.
Total Weight (without batteries) 8.8 kg
Standard Takeoff Weight 22.5 kg
Max Takeoff Weight 24.5 kg (@ sea level)
Max Thrust-Weight Ratio 1.81 (with 22.5 kg takeoff weight)
Power Battery DJI Designated Battery (MG-12000)
Max Power Consumption 6400 W
Hovering Power Consumption 3250 W (with 22.5 kg takeoff weight)
• 24 min (@ with 12.5 kg takeoff weight)
• 10 min (@ with 22.5 kg takeoff weight)
Max Operating Speed 8 m/s
Max Flying Speed 22 m/s
Recommended Operating Temperature 0 to 40℃
Model GL690B（Japan Only）, GL658C
Operating Frequency 2.400 - 2.483 GHz
Max Transmission Range (unobstructed, free of interference) 1km
EIRP 100 mW @ 2.4 GHz
Built-in Battery 6000 mAh, 2S LiPo
Charging DJI charger
Output Power 9 W
Operating Temperature Range -10 to 40℃
Storage Temperature Range
• Less than 3 months: -20 to 45℃
• More than 3 months: 22 to 28℃
Charge Temperature Range 0 to 40℃
REMOTE CONTROLLER CHARGER
Voltage 17.4 V
Rated Power 57 W
Important Safety Information
- You must operate this aircraft in your line–of–sight in daylight. Do not let it get too far away from you.
- You must not fly closer than 30 metres to vehicles, boats, buildings or people.
- You must not fly over any populous area, such as beaches, other people’s backyards, heavily populated parks, or sports ovals where there is a game in progress.
- If you are in controlled airspace, which covers most Australian cities, you must not fly higher than 400 feet (120 metres).
- You should not fly within 5.5km of an airfield.
- It’s illegal to fly for money or economic reward unless you have an Remotely Piloted Aircraft Operating Certificate (ReOC) or are flying in accordance with the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) guidelines (More info: CASA Commercial RPA Use).