The 3D Robotics NEW Solo Quadcopter is the world’s first smart drone incorporating various breakthrough technologies. The 3DR Solo is the first drone to make radical breakthroughs with autonomous flight and cameral control. Additionally the 3DR Solo is the first consumer drone to 100% support GoPro cameras and wirelessly tether live HD video straight to android or iOS Devices.
Note: This product does NOT include a GoPro or the 3DR Solo Gimbal. It does include a fixed mount for a GoPro. If you would like to purchase the drone with the gimbal, we have a separate package here.
- The first drone with a brain, Solo is powered by twin computers
- Only drone to stream live HD video from GoPro® direct to iOS/Android devices
- Revolutionary, intuitive video game-style controller
- Take to the air in seconds with effortless pushbutton flight
- Powerful Smart Shot technology makes capturing incredible cinematic footage easy and automatic
- Unique safety features like pause and “safety net” mean you can fly with confidence
- First with in-flight GoPro® access: Start/stop recording and adjust camera settings from the ground (with Solo Gimbal)
- Full-featured app for iOS and Android puts total craft control at your fingertips
- Follow Me mode enables Solo to automatically track and film any subject
- Solo Gimbal (sold separately) delivers smooth footage, GoPro® power and control and HDMI video
- Future-proof accessory and gimbal bays make Solo ready for tomorrow’s technology
- Free software and feature updates ensure your Solo evolves at the pace of innovation
- The smart drone keeps getting smarter: LiDAR for super stable indoor flight; ballistic parachute system; flight rewind and more, all scheduled for release
- World-class customer support means we’ve always got your back: live six-day-a-week phone support from qualified engineers; in-app service tickets
- Flight time of up to 25min without payload, or up to 20min with GoPro and Solo Gimbal
- Controller battery life of up to 4 hours; built-in rechargeable battery (8 hours with optional extended battery)
- Weight: 1500g or 1800g with Solo Gimbal and GoPro
- Autopilot: Pixhawk 2
- Video latency: 180 ms
- Wifi range: up to 1km, depending on environment
3DR’s patented SMART SHOTS unlocks the capabilities of autonomous flight including:
- Follow Me (complete hands-free, keeping a subject centre frame at all times)
- Cable Cam (free to pan and tilt whilst drone flies along a virtual cable)
- Orbit (wraparound shot by locking an object centre frame)
- Selfie (perfect projection for the ultimate scenic selfie)
FLIGHT TIME: 20 minutes; 15 minutes with payload
RANGE: .6 miles (1km)
MAX SPEED: 55 mph (89 km/h)
MAX ASCENT SPEED: 10 m/s in Stabilized mode; 5 m/s in FLY mode
MAX PAYLOAD: 800g
MAX ALTITUDE: 400 ft (122m) per FAA regulation, user adjustable
MOTORS: 880 kV
PROPELLERS: 10 in. (24cm) diameter 4.5 in. (144cm) pitch self-tightening; glass-reinforced nylon propellers
AUTOPILOT SOFTWARE: APM on Pixhawk 2
HD MEDIA LINK: 3DR Link secure Wi-Fi network
RADIO FREQUENCY: 2.4 GHz
WEIGHT: 3.3 lbs. (1.5 kg) / 3.9 lbs. (1.8 kg) with GoPro® and Solo Gimbal
DIMENSIONS: 10 in. tall (25 cm), 18 in. (46 cm) motor-to-motor
FLIGHT BATTERY: 5200 mAh 14.8V DC Lithium Polymer
BATTERY CHARGE TIME: ~1.5 hours
CONTROLLER BATTERY: 2600 mAh 7.2 Vdc Rechargeable Lithium Ion
Important Safety Information
- You must operate this aircraft in your line–of–sight in daylight. Do not let it get too far away from you.
- You must not fly closer than 30 metres to vehicles, boats, buildings or people.
- You must not fly over any populous area, such as beaches, other people’s backyards, heavily populated parks, or sports ovals where there is a game in progress.
- If you are in controlled airspace, which covers most Australian cities, you must not fly higher than 400 feet (120 metres).
- You should not fly within 5.5km of an airfield.
- It’s illegal to fly for money or economic reward unless you have an Remotely Piloted Aircraft Operating Certificate (ReOC) or are flying in accordance with the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) guidelines (More info: CASA Commercial RPA Use).